Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 88

Thread: Sailor Scout Rants

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Eyes_of_Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2003
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with the point about how the anime slided through the whole Amara-Michelle thing. There was definitely chemistry there even though they were said to be cousins. But even you think about it, they didn't even air the Stars series because the last episode had nudity in it.

    Also about inner scouts relationships with Serena, yeah, there are all heterosexuals. I probably won't ever write a fic with them being couples but all I'm saying is that it can possibly work if the story is written well.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member SilverRose82's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2003
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's not the only reason. The Three Lights played men in the anime. They transformed into women. I've seen movie caps of their transformations they gain and lose stuff. That's one of the main reasons that the Stars series wasn't aired. Besides like with DragonBall, they can add stuff to the show. They added an annoy bush in front of a naked little Goku that moved every scene so that you knew it was an add in at a later date.

    But any ways. The only sailors that I ever have in G/G relationships is Haruka and Michelle. I'm fine with writing B/B relationships. Yet in the manga you could tell that there probably would have been more G/G relationships had Naoko wanted to go into them more. Then I would have been fine with adding them. Yet if I was ever to write a G/G pairing I probably would go with Lita and Amy. There's an attraction there. Or if I wanted to be evil I would break Haruka and Michelle up and put Haruka with Serena because there is an attraction there even if it is miniscule

  3. #33
    Inactive Member nahrae_ahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2003
    Posts
    178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    really? a Haruka/Usagi relationship? I always thought of Haruka having a relationship with Usagi that lot's of older guys have with younger girls (except for Mamoru, damn cradle robber...). You know, the ones when the older guy thinks of the girl as his little sister? kind of like motoki and usagi in the beginning of the anime (except usagi probably wouldn't have a crush on haruka...). i dunno, i couldn't imagine haruka having interest in usagi but that's just my idea. if haruka were male, i could see usagi having a slight crush (like with motoki in the anime) but i know she doesn't swing that way so i can't imagine it. *shrugs* it's not a bad idea though. and it's WAAAAY more probable than rei cheating on usagi with mamoru...

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Loopy Lu's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2003
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Eyes_of_Pearl:
    they didn't even air the Stars series because the last episode had nudity in it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eh? I sent an email to Fox Kids ages ago and asked when they woiuld show it, the reply was, the weren't because it hadn't been translated? (also added "You never know, maybve someday it might")

    Why would trhey avoid to show it because of nuditry? DBZX has HIGH level violence and its on basically every day for kids frfom ages of at least 6! Grrrr

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Eyes_of_Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2003
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is to clarify my comment about not showing the Stars series. You guys are right about the fact that there are a lot of reasons for not airing it: buying the rights, translations, the fact that the starlights are males transforming to females into rather revealing clothes. Nudity plays a factor. Certainly, it has not prevented all the other seasons from airing since the girls are naked in their transformations. I know the artists did erase the lines from the chest areas and try to manipulate the scenes a bit. The level of violence in other animes such as Dragonball and Gundam Wing did not prevent those series from airing either. It was partly in my opinion about what I said before.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member nahrae_ahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2003
    Posts
    178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    there's also a lot of sexual innuendos in stars which makes it so funny so i guess they couldn't air it because of that. also, you are more able to see the haruka/michiru relationship and you know that they're not cousins. xP

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Loopy Lu's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2003
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Honestly, these people should really grow up.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member UrpleKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I imagine, should they air Stars at all, that they would probably make it seem as if they are only crossdressing, so that they would still be females changing into females. I personally have no problem with them changing gender to increase chances of finding their princess.

    I must add, however, that I am rather partial to Usa/Yaten. It has a sort of.... Usa/Rei element (to an extent, yes) to it....

    <3
    loon

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Eyes_of_Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2003
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Based on the seasons that were aired, does anybody have a particular season that they liked? disliked? dubbed or subtitled?

  10. #40
    Inactive Member nahrae_ahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2003
    Posts
    178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i loved the stars series the best. i thought it had the most humorous, but also dramatic moments. although, the first season still holds the most angst. heh.

    i like subtitled more than dubbed. i personally hate dubbed because the voices just don't seem to fit, you know? like the person who first played usagi seemed very charismatic and energetic but the woman who played serena in the states sounded like a ditzy valley girl. usagi is ditzy, but she's more naive.

    In the japanese version, I LOVED mamoru's voice. it was very deep and smooth but the person who played darien in the states sounded really geeky.

    also, the person who played luna sounded more like an old, forty year old, opera singer. In the japanese anime, luna sounds really cute and you can believe that she is going to become a mother (as opposed to being a grandmother).

    Finally, i love the japanese language. i think it's absolutely adorable. i love hearing it and i love learning it. i think i may know more japanese than korean and that's really really sad...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •